Back to Study Notes
Grace for Living
Author: Creflo Dollar
God didn’t just give us grace (His empowerment) to rescue us from our sins; He also gave us grace to live successfully in this life. Many Christians do not understand how to tap into the power that God has placed within them. The same grace we received to become born-again is the same grace we receive to live a successful life. Through faith, we can obtain the grace to do anything we need to do, including discovering His will for our lives.
- When Jesus came to the earth, He taught about grace and truth. He gave us the whole truth about the grace of God (John 1:16, 17).
- God has given us His divine power, which is His grace. We have everything we need to live a life that pleases Him (2 Peter 1:3, AMP).
- God placed His grace within our born-again spirits. If we forget about His grace, we will try to obtain victory through our human efforts alone.
- None of us can take the glory for ourselves. We cannot work to obtain His grace; it is a free gift (Ephesians 2:8, 9, AMP; Hebrews 12:28, AMP).
- It is by faith that we obtain grace. Our faith connects us to His grace, and we can use it in our everyday lives.
- God did not just rescue us from sin, but He also empowered us to be able to live a successful Christian life.
- The grace on our lives can be seen (Acts 11:22, 23, NLT).
- As a result of Jesus’ coming, we now have grace to help us to live like Jesus lived on earth (1 John 2:6, AMP, NIV).
- Each of us have the ability to live as God wants us to live (1 Thessalonians 2:10-12).
- God loves us as much as He loves Jesus (John 17:23).
- Whenever we are falling short, we should remember God’s grace to help us to live a successful Christian life (2 Peter 1:3, 12-15, AMP, Contemporary English Version).
- Living a life that pleases God should be our goal (2 Corinthians 5:9-10, AMP).
- Walking by faith pleases God, and so does knowing His will for our lives.
- We each have to ask ourselves, “Am I living a life that has eternal value or one that has only temporal value?” (1 Corinthians 3:12-15, AMP).
- We must examine the decisions we make daily to determine whether we are mindful of our eternal destinies.
- We should strive to please God because, when we get to heaven, we will be judged on what we have done with our lives while on earth.
- The way in which we live as Christians on this earth will determine how we will live throughout eternity.
- It is God’s will that we receive everything He has for us when we get to heaven (2 John 1:8).
- God knows the thoughts and plans He has for us; He wants to talk to us about them (Jeremiah 29:11, 12, AMP).
- To discover God’s will for our lives, we must simply ask Him for wisdom concerning our purpose.
- We must also actively pursue His will for our lives by praying and renewing our minds with His Word (Colossians 1:9, 10; Ephesians 5:17).
- John 1:16, 17
2 Peter 1:3, AMP
Ephesians 2:8, 9, AMP
Hebrews 12:28, AMP
Acts 11:22, 23, NLT
1 John 2:6, AMP, NIV
1 Thessalonians 2:10-12
2 Peter 1:3, 12-15, AMP,
Contemporary English Version
2 Corinthians 5:9, 10, AMP
1 Corinthians 3:12-15, AMP
2 John 1:8
Jeremiah 29:11-12, AMP
Colossians 1:9, 10
Back to Study Notes